Monday, February 11, 2013

BELLY

I stopped to observe a squirrel on my walk home today, oh how badly I wanted to be that squirrel. Observing it at a fairly close distance, I could tell it was happy bouncing around the tree squatting in a sunny bark patch checking me out as I checked it out. I cant tell you for sure maybe it was the rough lesson i had just gone through, or the fact that I feel like a mole these days, but I felt jealousy for that nut chaser.

Ah yes, the rough lesson. I have been practicing on the regular since the end of October, Pilates I mean. I came in with a body strong and smart but not very connected. One of my weakest findings or connections I will better state is my abdominals. Looking at my abdominals I dont think you would think i am weak in that area but its all superficial strength the real strength comes from deep within.  I have a hard time getting there and its mostly because my breathing habits have been how shall i say it...productive to the utilization of reaching deep.

The motion inhale draw the rib cage up and out fill the cavity with air, exhale keep the ribs in place squeeze the air from the lungs every drop as if your wringing out a sponge, naturally the ribs will be pulled down, not in down and the organs will be squeezed like the end of the toothpaste tube up underneath the ribs. While this breathing pattern is going on you are moving in and out of the exercises Joseph Pilates formulated for us to begin our transformation into a uniformly developed body, ITS FLIPPING HARD!  Funny enough too the simpler the move the harder the inner body works and finding connections is some of the hardest brain work i have done to date.

My teacher and I worked on my belly and breathing allot today and what I discovered in myself is that I feel allot above and below my belly but when it comes to feeling my mid section its hard, its a hard numb platform. So my amazing teacher gave me some homework from this day forward I am my belly. My thoughts will be formulated from my belly not my brain, my vision is from my belly, not my eyes, i feel, move,and breathe my belly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment