Sunday, March 24, 2013

Rolling with my Homies!

                 

  
Nothing beats California weather and the friendship of a seven year old. Pictured above is my buddy Parker and I taking advantage of some good ol climbing trees. I think we must have sat in those trees for at least and hour. We chatted about the view, our mutual love of trees and all the birds and the bees (actual birds and bees not the act of pollination:)) from his tree top perch to mine.   
When we finally climbed down from our perch , we became scavengers  and pirates of some one else's rubbish, we made out well! Parker came away with a bag full of money and jewels and I stepped away in a pair of Christian Louboutins, granted they were well loved before my feet ever hit them, but hey who's counting the steps in a four hundred dollar pair of shoes?

Rolling into the evening with my other homie, which so happens to be Parkers mamacita. Dinner then a show ensued. 
"Have we melted yet" was a show put on by one of my Pilates teachers Aura Fischbeck. This was a first for me seeing a modern dance "raw" performance. I can now say i am addicted.  This show to me was about the many layers of "us" of "you". We are all constantly growing and evolving into the  different  layers of our  selves. A quote that was used a few times in the show and one of my favorite books " Wherever you go there you are" brought that home for me. Aura danced a piece in the beginning shedding all her layers to us but in the end whatever layer was being showed at the time in the end it was still Aura. It had me thinking today, now even, about the many layers of my soul. How often I have evolved into different aspects of my already self, and thank goodness for it eh.  In the end though modern dance is like a Picasso painting, everyones going to get something different out of it, and thats the magical beauty of it all.


I believe in change. I believe that giving up something say for instance...can you think of something that you do, that you "think" is just who you are but it affects other people in a negative way? Instead of trying to change that behavior you find yourself saying "but thats just who I am". When does that not become okay? Why would you not want to evolve into a different version, unwrap a new layer of someone that you already are but haven't given the time/energy to know yet. In my opinion  its the unawareness of self and fear of losing self.  Knowing that you can change the patterned behavior into something that works better for you and those around you, a healthier, positively, better balanced existence calls on a pretty hefty belief system, but its there for the taking. If you find yourself saying "its just who i am" or maybe this one "I'm old, I'm not going to change", i challenge you to go against that step out on the ledge and continue to unravel the many layers of self,your never to old or to young. "Wherever you go there you are" you can give up as many of the bad habits as you want but you can never give up you. 


Its amazing what your body can do if you allow it to change and give it the chance. Imagine what your mind can achieve...

Alrighty ,thats enough for deep talk on a sunday morning:) Im heading out into the sunshine!


No comments:

Post a Comment